Thursday, January 21, 2010

Gerry Stoltzfoos - Freedom Valley Worship Center


This Tuesday 1/19/10 we had Pastor Gerry Stoltzfoos from Freedom Valley Worship Center in our class to share with us. The thing that really impressed me about Pastor Gerry, was that despite the hurt and trials in his past, he is serving God. Another thing that I noticed, regarding these events of the past, is that many people would completely walk away from God if some of these things happened to them, but God's hand on pastor Gerry's life is so evident. It was really neat to hear how he was divinely taken from place to place in order to fulfill God's plan on his life. His journey into the ministry he has today was not typical, not what I would expect. Another sign of Gods grace and anointing is that Gerry raised a great family and his children are serving God. He pastors a fairly large church, yet he is still a very down to earth guy. His stories were encouraging and good for me to hear because although the events leading me into my ministry have been smooth so far, I know I will hit rough spots, and I will be encouraged to keep faith. Pastor Gerry's Ministry is different because his call is to reach people who have given up on church, tough call, but Gerry is obedient. When Pastor Gerry first told pastors and other leaders about his vision, he was shut down told he was crazy, laughed at, but he was faithful. Pastor Gerry is a great example of a servant in our culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment